ADRA Indonesia is seeking services of an experienced consultant to carry out the final project evaluation as summarized below.
Consultant for Final Evaluation of Anti-Stigma Project
Sorong City, Papua Barat – Indonesia
Program Director and Finance Director
May 29, 2017 up to June 16, 2017 (3 weeks)
May 25, 2017
Yayasan ADRA Indonesia is an Agency of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The mission of the agency is to reflects God’s love through partnerships with communities for sustainable change to achieve self-reliance, positive change and for justice that no one left behind.
ADRA Indonesia has been operating in Sorong City, West Papua, since 2014 to reduce stigma and discrimination toward people living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV) through a 3-year project called Anti-Stigma Project. The overall goal of the project is “to increase community participation to reduce stigma and discrimination in the Sorong City and Sorong Regency”.
The are 2 outcomes of the project, that are: (1) to increase the capacity of individual of PLHIV and their network to advocate themselves to reducing stigma & discrimination. (2) to increase community participation in edutainment and campaign through radio programs to reducing stigma & discrimination. The objectives of this final evaluation is as follow:
- To visit project sites and to make interview project beneficiaries, project staff and others project stakeholders involved in the project to assess the project achievements
- To evaluate the relevance, efficiency, and effectiveness of the project increasing community participation to reduce stigma and discrimination toward PLHIV.
- To provide a comprehensive and summary report of field findings with lessons learned, best practices, gaps, and recommendation to enhance the quality of the next project.
- Review and analyze the project phases from its planning stages until completion and compare stated project goal and outcomes with actual accomplishments, and examine the reason for such performance
- Make observations and (by case studies) obtain information and data on lessons learned and document best practices arising out of the project
- Examine how the PLHIV trained and health workers, community, and religious leaders participate in edutainment and campaign for reducing stigma and discrimination.
- Examine the facilitating and constraining factors, as well as the relevant processes that took place, and recommend how to address constraints and capitalize on strengths.
- Determine the appropriateness of strategies and approaches used to achieve objectives.
- Examine the government’s readiness and capacity to take over of the project once ADRA Indonesia passes out.
- Individual or organization who demonstrate a strong experience in project impact evaluation
- Familiar with HIV/AIDS or health promotion projects evaluation
- Familiar with qualitative impacts study regarding with behavioral change related projects
- Having a previous experience conducting project evaluation in West Papua or Papua is an advantage
Deadline to submit the full proposal is with May 25, 2017. Only short listed of consultants/NGOs/Firms are invited to present the proposal and the selected proposal will act as the agreement between parties as how to conduct the evaluation.
Please submit your Proposal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and mark your e-mail subject: “Consultant for Anti-Stigma Evaluation”